A little info.....

I am a self proclaimed "Wild Animal Trainer" and here are my stories big and small. In a house with 3 crazy kids and a military hubby a lot can happen! Come along for the crazy ride........

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Fenway Park







After seeing the movie Fever Pitch I have become a "wanna be" Red Sox fan. If you have not seen the movie I suggest you watch it some rainy day. So being in the Boston area I found that you could take a tour of Fenway. So I packed everyone up and made a day of it. We drove down to Boston and had lunch. Then we started up Yawkey Way. Even though the ballpark has not even had opening day the ambiance was amazing. I could hear "Tessie" http://http//www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYAijiz7nZM singing in my head. We met up with our tour guide and she leaded us on a historic tour of the park. So much history! It is one of the oldest ball parks in the US. It opened just five days after the sinking of the Titanic. It currently has the oldest seats in baseball. They are these very small wooden seats. We got go inside the press box, the pavilion seats and the lower historic blue seats. The boys loved hearing all the stories of Fisks' pole, Peskys' pole, Ted Williams seat, the Green Monster and so much more. I think that I enjoyed it more than anyone! We really hope to get back there with the boys to actually see a game. For now we will go to the Portland Sea Dogs games, they are the farm team for the Red Sox. In all it was a great day and we cannot wait to do it again!!!

No comments: