We are very lucky to have a community pool in our neighborhood! We utilize it every chance we get. Since the summer started we have been there almost daily. It is a great time had by all. We exercise, laugh, stay cool, become stronger swimmers & most of all get to spend some quality time together as a family. This summer has been a summer of firsts for the younger two! They have both learned to swim underwater. This is a big deal for us. See we are lucky that the oldest is a water bug, loves to swim, dive, & cannonball. The middle one was very scared of the water, he stayed in the shallow end, would not be caught without a noodle & would not dare to put his face under water. (Reminds me of myself when I was younger) So I worked with him on getting comfortable & tried to teach him some basic swimming skills. Then dad came home from deployment & by the second time we went to the pool with dad guess what the middle one was doing? SWIMMING UNDER WATER! Like a little fish. It was amazing. I sat there in amazement at my son, I had tears in my eyes as I watched him swimming under water & then cannonball into the deep end!! Now, let me tell you a little something about my kids, once one does it the other tends to follow. Sure enough that is what the youngest is starting to do. Today in fact he was swimming without floaties under water. Now he has been swimming all over & even going under water but he has always had his floaties on. He even did a few cannonballs into the pool sans floaties! The oldest is currently visiting family but we cannot wait for him to get home so his little brothers can show him what they have learned. Soon enough they will be diving & cannonballing together.
Personally I cannot wait :)
Monday, July 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment