A little info.....

I am a self proclaimed "Wild Animal Trainer" and here are my stories big and small. In a house with 3 crazy kids and a military hubby a lot can happen! Come along for the crazy ride........

Monday, July 11, 2011

Catch up

Hello... is this thing on? Is there anyone still there? It's me & I am back!

So we last left off in March with another catch up of the happenings in the Land of South. March we were knee deep in Baseball. 3 kids on different teams equals a ton of fun. They all had great seasons. We have a future catcher in the youngest (Future Jason Varitek or Johnny Bench). He throws his helmet off & runs in front of home ready to get the runner out. The middle one hit an in the park home run. His bat swing is getting better, it's probably from the sunflower seeds. Hey it's what the pro's do! The oldest got the best coach ever! He was a huge supporter of the oldest & by the end of the season he had some stolen bases & a few hits! 

Middle one

Up to bat

Future Jason Varitek

As the season was winding down so was school. Which meant that all of the end of the year activities were just beginning. There were tons of field trips, awards, parties, & saying goodbye to the friends & teachers. We have some very smart kiddos in this family. The older two ended the year with A averages, tons of awards for reading, science, citizenship, math, & more. The younger one does not get letter grades but did end the year with outstanding in all subjects, went up 2 levels in reading, & got promoted to 1st grade. I do not know where the time has gone!! They had the best teachers that any parent could ask for. We hope to get lucky again in the next grade levels. It will be hard because these teachers really set the bar high. 

Getting his awards

Going to 1st grade

Was completely shocked at all the awards

This school year was much more than seeing friends, learning new things, getting into the gifted program for the older two, being a safety patrol, being a reading buddy, or having fun. Well for the kids it was not much more than that but for Mom it was life changing. I had the opportunity to volunteer in the classrooms of two amazing teachers. In one I met two amazing women. One was the teacher & the other was the sign language interpreter. We had many a laugh & fun filled days! In the other I had the chance to teach the 5th graders. It started out with flash cards, & then went to preparing for FCAT. I was so excited to be in that class & to see their faces when they had the aha moment. It made me realize that I needed to do that, I needed to be in a classroom, helping these kids. So I decided to become a teacher. I really hope to start school next spring. We have started the process and I am really excited about it. I wish that I could stay with the students I had this year & follow them because they were amazing. 

The class that started it all!

So that is how the school year went.... now it's SUMMERTIME! So what do you do in the summer with three kiddos & a deployed hubby? The answer will follow in the next few posts...........


No comments: