A little info.....

I am a self proclaimed "Wild Animal Trainer" and here are my stories big and small. In a house with 3 crazy kids and a military hubby a lot can happen! Come along for the crazy ride........

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Air Show 07'




Sunday I took 1, 2, and 3 to the air show. Yes I braved the 140,000 people cramming into 3200 acres, fighting to get that big turkey leg, yelling at their children to stop ramming the play airplane in the back of their sisters head, and of course looking at me and my children like we have lost our minds. Why you ask, well that would be because we have a family tradition, that we do every game day. We wear our Bengals jerseys. Yes in Patriots country we wore our Bengals jerseys with pride! So we find our friends who saved us some great seats and we sit and wait for the Blue Angels. My children could careless about the old replica planes dogfighting, they could give a hoot at the Army Parachute Team who might I add were in Orange and Black! They WANT the Blue Angels. Finally the time has come.... They play the Top Gun music and you hear the engines turn, louder and louder as they race down the runway and BOOM take off. The music just makes the show that much better. It is amazing what these pilots can do. Flying so fast right at each other, then one small maneuver, and they barely miss each other. The fly in formations, fly a low as they can over you, zooming left and right and up and down, I highly recommend going to an air show and seeing them. So we are sitting there and watching in amazement when Andrew very loudly says, "I am going to do that one day! You watch mom that will be me!" The very thought makes me worry. But of course I told him he can do anything he puts his mind too. After the show was over I stayed so the boys could meet a real Blue Angel pilot, someone who flys these beautiful jets, and has had many hours of training in this sophisticated machine, and Andrew says to him, "You look like Woody from Toy Story." Yes that would be my son!

No comments: